Psalm 34:1-3

i will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
my soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I kept this one short!

Psalm 46:10

Be still and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted in the earth.

A well-known verse from scripture, I realize this, but in the same regard, often overlooked. I know for me that I often reflect on the ‘be still’ section and often times I fail to recognize the importance of the rest. It did not take me coming to Africa to realize that the nations exalt the Lord, but it definitely gave me insight into this incredible truth. As you prepare your hearts for worship with other believers tomorrow morning I want you to think on this truth and be very happy. By the time you make it to church tomorrow morning the believers in China will have started off this day of world exaltation to the Lord…twice, if they are Southern Baptist Chinese. Soon after them the believers in the Middle East and others will continue what was already started from those to their east. After that I will be joining in on this world worship session with the rest of Africa and other parts of England. Then if there are any believers in the Atlantic at the moment they may join in on this celebration. And then it is America’s turn to praise the Lord. Rest easy knowing that you are just joining in on the song that has been sung all day. You aren’t just making noise in the Lord’s ear, but you are fulfilling His very words. That excites me. And it happens every week. Sometimes twice a week. And if West Jackson had a say into all this it would be 3 times a week, because we all know that G.R.O.W. counts as well. If only Brother Lonnie could get a hold of those numbers. Okay, now I am just ruining any point I was attempting to make before.

Challenge to those of you in the Americas…finish the celebration well!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post!! The part of this verse that sticks out to me is the "Be Still and know that I AM God. I WILL be exalted among the nations. I WILL be exalted in the earth." I spent so much of my life living for my desires of having the perfect "American Dream" but I am so blessed that God has changed my heart and my desires to be like his...and His heart is the nations and His desire is for His fame to be spread. God is faithful. He WILL be exalted among the nations!! Thank you for how you're spreading His fame in South Africa! Praying for you!!
    <3 C

    ReplyDelete