Psalm 34:1-3

i will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
my soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome?

Family and friends,
I was encouraged by Union and others to keep a journal of my experiences in South Africa and I had planned on doing just that, but I decided that I would do my best to be up to date in this new decade and give blogging a shot. I will be honest on the front end with whoever reads this...if anyone at all...and say that I am already not a fan of this because I feel that as the blogger that I am under the assumption that my thoughts and feelings are of more importance than you, the blogee. This is not the case at all. I am simply doing this because I was urged by others and I know that some will want to know prayer concerns and the ins and outs of this trip. I hope to update this regularly, but I will not make any promises there! I am not sure the proper ways to address a blog audience so please forgive me if I appear to be ignorant...I am a rookie at this! I am excited to be able to communicate with you all. If you did decide to follow this blog then you have some vested interest in my life and for that I am very thankful.
I leave for South Africa in less that 2 weeks. I honestly feel that I need more time. I do not know what I need more time for, it may just be that I am beginning to grow very nervous about the trip in general. These feelings of anxiety are mixed with those of excitement and they seem to be waging war within me! I am confident that God has orchestrated this trip to South Africa for a reason and that he is planning on using me in a great way, and that may be the most nerve-racking thought of all. I am by no means qualified to be used by Him and the thought of it frightens me. As these last couple of weeks pass by I hope to gain some sort of confidence in what God has laid out for me, as well as make the most of my time here with friends and family.
I hope that you all have a great day and I will do my best to keep these suckers packed full of fun and exciting posts...but don't hold me to that!
TG

1 comment:

  1. You will be missed! Make sure that you bring me back LOTS of really cool African things...and I mean lots! I will be praying for you so keep this thing updated.

    ReplyDelete